Archive for the ‘Horror News’ Category
Posted by Horror Movies News on
February 19, 2015
The District 9 helmer had put in a strong bid for the job by sharing some artwork on Instagram that he had done for how he envisaged the film progressing. Now, according to Variety his proactive approach has paid off, as he has reportedly signed a deal to work on the new film with 20th Century Fox.
Posted by Horror Movies News on
February 19, 2015
Blomkamp, who directed "District 9 and the upcoming Sony feature "Chappie," had been teasing the project in recent months but said the extra-terrestrial reboot was likely abandoned. It was supposed to star "Alien" veteran Sigourney Weaver.
Posted by Horror Movies News on
February 18, 2015
Director David Ayer has already put together a number of big casting pieces for his upcoming DC Comics live-action film Suicide Squad , but today the project has found yet another start to join its ranks. The latest actor to join the movie is none other than Hostel and Gang Related star Jay Hernandez.
Posted by Horror Movies News on
February 18, 2015
With the hotly anticipated television continuation of the Evil Dead film series "Ash vs. Evil Dead" in pre-production, we caught up exclusively this week with series executive producer and star Bruce Campbell, and fans can rejoice because the boomstick is back in a BIG way. "We have a wonderful room of talented writers," Campbell told us of the show, whose first episode will be directed by series originator Sam Raimi from a script he wrote with Ivan Raimi, Craig DiGregorio, and Tom Spezialy.
Posted by Horror Movies News on
February 18, 2015
In this Feb. 15, 2015 file photo, actor Michael Douglas attends the SNL 40th Anniversary Special at Rockefeller Plaza in New York. Douglas will receive the George Eastman Award for his contributions to the film industry.
Posted by Horror Movies News on
February 18, 2015
Actor Adrien Brody, director Peter Jackson, actress Naomi Watts and actor Andy Serkis pose for photographers during a news conference for their film "King Kong" in Tokyo December 13, 2005. The movie will open on December 17, 2005.
Posted by Horror Movies News on
February 18, 2015
The world premiere of the Sean Penn-starring action-thriller The Gunman took place in London on Monday night watch this red carpet report. Directed by Taken 's Pierre Morel, and also starring Javier Bardem, Ray Winstone, Idris Elba, Mark Rylance and Jasmine Trinca, The Gunman is based on the novel The Prone Gunman by Jean-Patrick Manchette.
Posted by Horror Movies News on
February 18, 2015
Leading up to the 2015 Academy Awards, Zap2it is taking a closer look at some of the acting nominees' earlier work -- ones that were maybe not as awards-worthy as the roles for which they're currently nominated. We ask you: Based on what you're about to see, would you give this person an Oscar? Patricia Arquette is no stranger to the awards show circuit, having been nominated for Emmys and Screen Actors Guild awards for her work on such shows as "Medium" and "Boardwalk Empire."
Posted by Horror Movies News on
February 17, 2015
Twenty-six years after filming significant portions of his film "Edward Scissorhands" in the Tampa Bay area, director Tim Burton, the master of quirk, is set to return.